Thursday, November 25, 2010

Closet Case

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I don't have anything Turkey day related to post but I thought I'd share my closet organization project. :)


When you're living in a small apartment with roommates, storage space becomes even more of an issue. Thus in an effort to maximize what I got, I added a shelf to my closet and bought some canvas storage boxes. This is the organized final result.



Although my apartment is lacking in width, it has plenty of height with 11' ceilings. Even the ceiling space in my closet is very elevated. Here's a picture showing what I mean.


As you can see from above, I started out with only one shelf right above the closet pole. For someone like me with a ton of crap, I really needed to maximize the storage space in that closet. So off I went to Home Depot to pick up some shelving materials. Originally, I was planning on building a similar wooden shelf to match the existing one, but then I saw the Closet Maid closet stuff and decided that adjustable shelving would be both cooler and easier.

During a visit to a local discount store near my apartment, I found some canvas boxes and picked up 4 of them. I only have 3 in the picture below since I had already assembled one before realizing I should photograph them.




I picked up coordinating colors, beige and black. And labeled them according to their contents. I even labeled one "random stuff". Thanks to my snazzy new boxes and shelf, I now have a visually appealing way of putting all of my crap away.

-Trinh

No comments:

Post a Comment